November 28, 2006

I Think We Need a Bigger Room

November 28, 2006
Day 3 of Mi Mi's hospital adventure








Today is day #3. We went to see him in the afternoon, Peter didn't stay long because he had a class to teach. But I was able to stay with him for almost 2 hours in the afternoon.

Mi Mi has a new next door neighbor, a white Persian cat named Mi Mi. Now there's a Black Mi Mi and a White Mi Mi at the hospital living next door to each other.

He looked a bit tired when I first saw him, probably because he was asleep when I got there. Notice that little patch of shaved area on his hind leg? That's where Dr. Chen drew blood every 2 hours to test his blood sugar level. The doctor. told me his blood sugar is still high, the treatment isn't lowering blood sugar very much, he'll have to take insulin shots when he leaves the hospital.

I went again this evening around 8:30 after my yoga class. He was just resting, not doing much of anything. He sure is getting plenty of rest there.

Well, I'm glad Dr. Chen and his staff are taking good care of him. Everyone there told me how nice and gentle Mi Mi is, I'm so proud of him.


No comments: